Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Explorers Meet Bob Shea (via Skype that is)

Back in November I had the opportunity to meet the extremely hilarious Bob Shea at the A.A.S.L. Author Meet and Greet. As soon as I got back to school, I told children about the conversation I had had with him. That was all it took. The kids who only knew him from the Dinosaur Vs. series began to discover his other books and soon his shelf area of books was empty. So when Bob Shea tweeted that he was available for Skype visits, I jumped at the chance.

While I was getting ready for the Skype,  I listened to Matthew Winner's amazing podcast Let's Get Busy with Bob Shea. It was super informative and fun to listen to.  Total side note: If you are getting ready for a Skype visit or an author/illustrator study you really have to visit Let's Get Busy Podcasts. They will help you tremendously and give you great insight on the author or illustrator. Plus Matthew is a really nice guy.

Now back to Bob Shea. The Explorers and I read many of his books, came up with questions that we wanted to ask him and even had a practice Skype session from one side of the library to the other. When the day of the Skype arrived, The Explorers were beyond excited to make the call. Here are some of the highlights.
Since the Skype visit, I have heard from quite a few parents what an amazing time their children had meeting Mr. Shea. Many of the children even taught their parents how to draw using jellybeans as the base of their animals.

Just the other day we received some mail from Bob Shea. The kids whooped and hollered when I told them that some mail had arrived for them. They were thrilled to see that inside the envelope was the dinosaur that he had drawn during our Skype visit along with a specially signed copy of Unicorn Thinks He's Pretty Great.

Thank you Bob Shea for making our first Skype visit such a memorable one for the Explorers, their teachers and myself.



1 comment:

  1. Hey, I like the useful іnfο you ρrovide to уour аrticles.I will bookmаrκ yοur blog and tеѕt again here гegulаrly. visit more info Skype Support and Call +1-800-231-4635 USA (Toll Free).

    ReplyDelete