Tuesday, September 15, 2015

First Graders Are Making Their Mark

The first grade students and I had an absolute blast celebrating Dot Day this year.
There were shouts of, "I LOVE this book!" along with singing and dancing along to Emily Dale Arrow's Dot Day song and out of control creativity going on all cycle long.

Since this was the first year the first grade students and I celebrated Dot Day in the library I decided to start off small. While I realize no mark we make is small, I wanted to do something that we could complete in a single library session. Dots it was! Paint (to be used with paintbrushes or q-tips), watercolors, colored pencils, oil pastels, crayons, markers and construction paper were set up for the students to use to make their mark. Take a peek at their amazing and creative final products in the video below.
The giant bulletin board, which you see right when you walk into the library, was left blank so that once the students had made their mark, we could proudly display it.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
 What a difference! The celebration of Dot Day must continue next year and I can't wait to see where it takes us.





No comments:

Post a Comment