Monday, May 23, 2016

Walking and Listening to "Raymie Nightingale"

DiCamillo, Kate. Raymie Nightingale. Listening Library. 4 cd's, 4 hours and 26 minutes. 2016. $30.00 ISBN: 9781101917435.

Raymie is convinced that if she can win Little Miss Central Florida Tire 1975 her father, who recently ran off with a dental hygienist, will see her picture in the newspaper and come back home. Little does Raymie know that she is going to get a lot more out of entering contest than that.

Jenna Lamia does an amazing job narrating this story. She drew the story out at times when it needed to be. She paused and lingered over certain words and phrases. Jenna captured the personalities of the characters perfectly in the voices she chose for them. She really made this story come to life for me.

I don't normally take pictures of palm trees, but I liked how they were really swaying in the breeze this patroller morning so I figured I should try to capture it.

No comments:

Post a Comment