Sunday, May 15, 2016

Walking and Listening to "Star Wars"

Star Wars: A New Hope: The Princess, The Scoundrel and the Farm Boy by Alexandra Bracken

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? by Adam Gidwitz

Stare Wars: Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side by Tom Angleberger

Truth be told, I am not the biggest of Star Wars fans. Sure, I've seen the movies and even dressed up as Princess Leia one Halloween, but that was all eons ago. I was excited though to listen to these three new Star Wars audiobooks since I have had a chance to Skype with two of the three authors. What an absolute treat these books are.  They are packed with the most amazing sound effects which made me feel like I was smack-dab in the middle of the action, as well as watching the movie. They  helped to set the tone, created a mood and built tension. Mark Thompson and Rebecca Soler did an amazing job vocalizing all of the characters, matching them perfectly with all characters we know and love.

Having read other books by some of these authors, I loved that their writing styles were able to shine through and that they weren't changing their style so that all of the books would be alike. The Author's Notes at the end of each of the books provided great insight into their love of Star Wars and how they got involved with the books.

Summer is upon us and the blue sky proved it as I listened to "A New Hope"
Paddling season had just begun when I took this picture listening to "The Empire Strikes Back"
The sun was trying its hardest to break through the clouds this morning as I listened to "Return of the Jedi"






No comments:

Post a Comment