Sunday, October 16, 2016

Walking and Listening to "The Misadventures of Max Crumbly, Locker Hero"

The Misadventures of Max Crumbly, Locker Hero by Rachel Renee Russel
Simon and Schuster Audio
2016

After years of being homeschooled by his grandma, a retired kindergarten teacher who insists on Max using sippy cups, Max is headed to South Ridge Middle School. In the two short weeks that he has been there, he has defiantly had his ups (a cute girl asks him to work on the scenery of a play she's doing) and downs (he's met Thug...I mean Doug Thurston). After a rather unpleasant incident in P.E. class involving vomit, Doug sets his eyes on Max and begins to torture him whenever he can. His favorite form of torture? Locking Max in his locker, at the end of school before a 3-day weekend! After being trapped in there for hours, Max is finally able to break free and winds up in the boiler room. He realizes his only way out is through the vents in the ceiling. Crawling through the vents to freedom, he stumbles upon a robbery taking place in the school's brand new computer room and he is spotted. Uh-oh!

I can see this book being wildly popular with the boys at school, and that is what I would stick with, the actual physical book. Since I was listening to the story, I missed out on all the pictures that went along with this story.  I think if I had seen them while reading the story, I would have enjoyed the story a bit more than I did.

I love seeing all the canoes lined up so early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment