Monday, March 27, 2017

Walking and Listening to Ghost

Ghost by Jason Reynolds
Simon and Schuster Audio
2016
$14.99
  • ISBN 9781508230472
  • Narrator: Guy Lockhart

The first few sentences of this book had me hooked. I mean who doesn't love random Guinness World Records?! Luckily for me, Castle a.k.a Ghost is obsessed with Guinness and shares a handful of these fascinating facts throughout the book. Everyday after school Castle does the exact same thing, he buys sunflower seeds, sits and eats them at the bus stop across the gym, watching people workout. But one day something else catches his eyes. There is a track team practice going on. Convinced that he can run faster than one of the boys, Castle jumps into the practice and has an impressive run. Coach wants him to join the team, but there's catch. Castle has to stay out of trouble at school, which is a lot easier said than done. Castle looks forward to his afternoons with Coach and the team, finding friendships, a place where he feels like he belongs and discovering that he is not the only one who has been through some rough times. 

I loved Guy Lockhart's narration of this book. It was so incredibly honest. You could hear every emotion in his voice, joy, anger, disappointment, desperation and sadness. He sucked me into the story and had me caring about every character, their story and what was going on in their lives. Loved!

A picture I took as I was walking across campus to start my walk one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment